October 8

Guided Math

I have loved Guided Math for years now.  I have helped other teachers to incorporate this format of teaching math into their classrooms.  Some chose to jump in completely with me and others incorporated parts of the framework.  Either way the benefits were easily seen and felt.   I cannot say enough great things about the style.  I have seen students that have hated math flip in a very short time. I have been able to feel I am reaching the students that need extra support as well as the students that are ready to go to the next level, like never before.  I know my students as mathematicians better than I have ever before.  More importantly the students know themselves better mathematically. 

This year my husband and I moved, in doing so I moved districts.  At the beginning of the year I was worried I couldn’t incorporate Guided Math into the program my new district uses.  We are at the end of 1st quarter and I am kicking myself for thinking that.  I mean, I am the one that kept telling teachers they could do this and here I am saying I guess it just won’t work.    I will be honest I have felt pretty lost this first quarter.  Not only because I am new in this district, but more because I abandoned a way of teaching math that was second nature to me.  SOOOO….with 2nd quarter right around the corner, I will be starting over.  It is never too late. Right?  I mean there are still 3 quarters left.  😉  I will be sharing as I go, reflecting, celebrating, tweaking, etc.  So join me when you can. Please Please Please share comments, ask questions, et

Also…spoiler alert….I am getting my TPT store up and running…so I will be sharing the resources I have created and the ones yet to be created there.  

Talk soon & have a HAPPY DAY.