September 29

Author Visit C. Alexander London

We were so lucky today to have author Alexander London visit and talk about all things writing. He is such an amazing storyteller.  I think we could have spent the entire day listening to his stories.  His excitement was contagious. 

His recent book, The Wild Ones, is already catching fire in our classroom.  We read the first four chapters in class and I admit I am hooked.  Check out the link to learn about the book and more about London.  

20160928_135349-min

Alexander London hooked his audience from the beginning.

20160928_135807-min

Storyteller extraordinaire!

20160928_140407-min

Seven classrooms fully engaged!

This visit came at a perfect time for our class.  We are in the middle of our fiction writing unit.  Hearing London talk about how important it is to create characters first before even starting really reinforced all the work we have done to develop characters for our stories.  He also brings his own life into his stories, which again, is something we really impress upon the kiddos.  

When we returned to the classroom we had an great conversation about how we would love to rethink our stories and how we want to make changes based on the excitement London shared with us.  

It was truly a HAPPY DAY in Room 215.

Posted September 29, 2016 by Mrs. L in category Happy Day

2 thoughts on “Author Visit C. Alexander London

1. Jen Bearden

This was such a great story to hear you tell about the inspiration he was to you, and in turn your students. I’m excited to hear how this learning impacts your writing work in Rm. 215. Wonder if I should read The Wild Ones, too. It did sound really interesting. Wish I could have heard him speak!

Reply