June 6

Kids Teach Kids

I am a terrible teacher.  I let the time get away from me and haven’t posted in so long.  Now it is summer so the next few posts will be more reflections of great things that happened in Room 215. 

Kids Teach Kids is one of my favorites.  The kiddos get to pick topic that they are interested in.  They may already know a lot about the topic or they may want to learn more about it.  They prepare a presentation for the class.  Presentations can take any form.  We have posters, keynotes, videos, participation from class. Presenters sometimes even dress in character!  The ideas are limitless.  

Our KTK this year included the history of video games, world records, Abraham Lincoln, drawing lessons, Broadway, and aliens, just to name a few.  A huge THANK YOU to my friend and fellow teacher at Robinson Rochelle Marks for sharing this wonderful idea with me. 

IMG_1625-min IMG_1707-min IMG_1711-min IMG_1712-min IMG_1713-min IMG_1722-min IMG_1724-min IMG_1786-min IMG_1787-min IMG_1788-min IMG_1932-min IMG_1933-min IMG_1934-min IMG_1936-min IMG_1937-min IMG_1938-min IMG_1939-min IMG_1940-min IMG_1941-min IMG_1942-min

Posted June 6, 2016 by Mrs. L in category Happy Day

3 thoughts on “Kids Teach Kids

1. Jen

Love! And nope, you’re not terrible, you’re just BUSY! Same as me, there’s more time to DO stuff in May than there is to write about it. Pretty sure I have at least 15 posts sitting in Photos and my brain that I need to post. Thanks for sharing. I haven’t done this yet, but have always thought it was a great idea! Would be a great way to incorporate with kid blogs, too. Don’t remember if you do that yet… Oh, one more thing–forgot to tell you I’ve been working on my Lego stash. About half way there. Excited!

Reply
    1. Mrs. L (Post author)

Thanks for understanding. Great plans…then life happens. I hadn’t blogged with last year’s group. It is my plan this year to start right away. I think it will be a great to incorporate blogging into KTK. I also forgot to mention how many of the kids used Kahoot with their presentations. So much fun.

Reply
  2. Jenn

Kids Teach Kids is such a great opportunity for your students. They love it because they get to present on something their interested in, and it’s great for you because you get to learn so much about them! Love hearing about it! I also love the idea of incorporating blogging into KTK. Keep sharing. 🙂

Reply